Outback Steakhouse Celebrates Its 35th Anniversary with Boomerang Menu
Beginning March 20, fan-favorite dishes are back for one week only by popular demand
TAMPA, Fla. (Mar. 13, 2023) – Outback Steakhouse® rings in its 35th anniversary with the Boomerang Menu, a unique collection of popular food features throughout the restaurant’s history, returning for a limited time only. Take a Walkabout down memory lane between March 20-26 to reminisce on the good times, good eats and great company that made Outback Steakhouse into the iconic brand it is today.
“There’s a shared sense of nostalgia during milestones like this, and the Boomerang Menu is the perfect way to say thank you to the loyal guests who have supported us over the years, especially our passionate fanbase of foodies,” said Brett Patterson, President of Outback Steakhouse. “We are incredibly proud of the legacy Outback has built and what is ahead of us.”
The founders of Outback Steakhouse took the No Rules, Just Right attitude of Australia and infused that special spirit into each restaurant, creating a relaxed, lively atmosphere perfect for family gatherings, moments with mates and general togetherness where all are welcome and anything goes. Through personalized dining experiences, Outback established its world-class reputation for Aussie hospitality, one guest at a time.
Everyone knows they can depend on Outback to deliver bold flavors, unbeatable steaks seasoned with 17 signature spices, spirited cocktails and no shortage of trend-setting food and beverage features, like the often-imitated, never replicated Wallaby Darned or the Bloomin’ Onion— an iconic appetizer enjoyed by over 8 million guests every year for the last 35 years.
Fans can call off their campaigning, at least for the time being, because Outback Steakhouse is giving the people what they want— a throwback menu featuring popular items that date back to Outback’s founding in 1988:
- Walkabout Soup® - Creamy onion soup topped with Monterey Jack and Cheddar cheeses.
- Aussie Twisted Ribs - Tender Baby Back Ribs fried Outback-style then tossed in tangy BBQ sauce and drizzled with our spicy signature bloom sauce. Garnished with spicy house-made pickles.
- Wedge Salad - Crisp wedge of iceberg lettuce topped with tomato, red onions, bacon and homemade blue cheese dressing then drizzled with balsamic glaze.
- Toowoomba Pasta - Grilled shrimp, mushrooms, and parmesan cheese tossed with fettuccine in a tomato cream sauce.
- Alice Springs Sirloin - Signature 6oz. center-cut sirloin topped with sautéed mushrooms, crisp bacon, melted Monterey Jack and Cheddar and honey mustard sauce. Served with a choice of steakhouse potato and one side.
- Sydney’s Sinful Sundae® - Creamy vanilla ice cream rolled in toasted coconut and topped with chocolate sauce, whipped cream, and a fresh strawberry.
- Cinnamon Oblivion - Vanilla ice cream rolled in cinnamon pecans, topped with warm cinnamon apples, house-made cinnamon croutons, caramel sauce and whipped cream.
The Boomerang Menu will be available at participating locations nationwide from March 20-26, to commemorate Outback Steakhouse’s 35th anniversary and its long history as a pillar in nearly 700 communities nationwide.
About Outback Steakhouse®:
There’s a special spirit at Outback Steakhouse®. One where mates gather, stories are exchanged, and steakhouse favorites flow as freely as the conversation. Serve it up with a dash of Aussie hospitality, and you’ve got all the makings of a great experience you’ll want to share with your friends, time and time again. We're known for high quality, juicy steaks with your choice of big cuts and bold flavor, cooked just the way you like it. Spirited drinks that start the night off right and a heap of craveable dishes and fan favorites like our iconic Bloomin’ Onion. For more information, please visit www.outback.com or the Outback Facebook page.